HOW COVID CLAIMS WILL ASSIST YOU
COVID CLAIMS is a trading style of Misrepresentation Fraud Negligence Claims Limited
Bank House, The Paddock, Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3HQ, Company Number 10865060.
When you contact us, one of our trained advisors will listen to you and take the details of your claim. Where the advisor feels you would benefit from legal or accountancy advice and your claim merits further investigation, we will engage these specialist at our cost once you have signed our Client Instruction Form. You won’t be asked for any upfront payment, everything we do is on a No Win No Fee basis.
IF WE CAN HELP YOU
If we are able to take your claim forward it will either be prepared by one of our panel of forensic accountants and then submitted on your behalf.
You should receive impartial and confidential advice from us and our expects. We will always act in your best interest, this is a requirement of our regulating body the FCA.
IF WE CAN’T HELP YOU
If we feel we cannot help you, we will let you know, and of course you are free to seek advice elsewhere.
However If you’d like to pursue a claim at a later date, you’ll need to submit your claim within the given time limits. If you don’t issue your claim within those time limits, you won’t usually be able to proceed. This is called being ‘time-barred’. Extensions to the time limits are only available in exceptional circumstances.
In most circumstances you will have six years from the date you suffered the loss to submit your claim.
When telephoning COVID CLAIMS we inform you that calls may be recorded and used for internal training and regulatory compliance purposes only.
OUR POLICY AGAINST ABUSIVE CALLS
We operate a zero tolerance policy towards the abuse of our employees who have a right to carry out their work without fear of being abused. Malicious or abusive calls are a criminal offence under Section 43 of the Telecommunications Act 1984, and COVID CLAIMS will not hesitate to report such acts to the police.
The contents of the website and videos do not constitute legal advice and you should always consult a suitably qualified lawyer on any specific legal problem.
The site is designed to give you some brief information about claiming for your COVID losses, specifically against your Business Interruption Insurance Policy.
TERMS OF BUSINESS
Misrepresentation Fraud Negligence Claims Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Firm Reference Number is 837972. We are permitted to act as a Claims Management Company.
You may check this information on the FCA’s Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk/register or by contacting them on 0800 111 6768 (Freephone) or 0300 500 8082 from the UK, or +44 207 066 1000 from abroad.
Some of the services that we provide are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. You will be advised in advance of any such proposal or service.
ABOUT OUR SERVICE:
- We provide claims management services in relation to financial services and financial products including business interruption and employment-related claims.
- After having assessed your needs and circumstances, if there is a reasonable chance of success, we will provide you with an advice and pursue a claim on your behalf.
- We will deal with all areas of your claim, including correspondence with relevant parties and negotiations.
- We will keep you informed on the progress of the claim at least every 6 months through email and/or post.
- We encourage you to ask us at any stage anything that is unclear and obtain independent legal advice if you still do not fully understand the arrangements.
- We will act in your best interests when pursuing your claim.
- We recognise it is important for customers to be able to shop around for alternative claims management companies.
- For financial services claims: You do not need to use a claims management company to make your complaint to your bank or the financial institution. If your complaint is not successful you can refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service yourself for free.
- For other claims: You do not need to use a claims management company to make your complaint. You may pursue your claim by yourself to the relevant statutory ombudsmen or statutory compensation schemes.
In order for us to fulfil our responsibilities to you, you must:
- Read the documentation we give you and let us know if there is anything that is unclear or that does not represent your requirements
- Comply with the terms and conditions of any agreement we arrange for you
- Provide us with clear and honest information about your claim
- Inform us promptly should you receive any communication from other parties that might affect your claim
Our fee is 25% + VAT of the compensation awarded. You only need to pay us your fee after receiving your compensation from the creditor(s). Examples of how we charge the fees are shown below:
- If £1,000 is awarded, your fee would be £250 + VAT.
- If £3,000 is awarded, your fee would be £750 + VAT.
- If £10,000 is awarded, your fee would be £2500 + VAT.
Misrepresentation Fraud Negligence Claims Limited (the Firm) operates a Client Money Policy
We will normally collect compensation on your behalf and have appropriate policies and procedures to hold such monies in a trust account for your protection, until we can release them to you.
The Firm will treat client money in order to adhere to the rules detailed in the CASS Chapter 13 Claims management: client money section in the FCA Handbook.
It is the Firm’s policy to arrange adequate protection of client money where it receives or holds on behalf of its clients. The Firm will always act honestly, fairly and professionally in accordance with the best interests of clients.
YOUR RIGHT TO CANCEL:
- You have the right to cancel, without penalty and without giving any reason, within 14 days of signing the contract.
- If you terminate the contract after 14 days, you may be charged a reasonable amount of fee that reflects the work already undertaken.
- Any charge will be reasonable and proportionate to the work done and the costs incurred by MFN Claims up to the point of cancellation; For each communication made on your behalf— for example — an outgoing or incoming telephone call, letter or email we will charge you £25;
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST:
If through exceptional circumstances Misrepresentation Fraud Negligence Claims Limited or any of its Directors or other customers has a material interest in business you ask to be transacted for you, we will make you aware of the conflict of interest and we will obtain your consent before your instructions are carried out. A copy of our Conflicts of Interest Policy is available on request.
TREATING YOU FAIRLY:
We always aim to treat you fairly. This means that we will always endeavour to:
- Conduct our business with due skill, care and integrity
- Never put ourselves in a position where our primary duty to you is compromised
- Deal with any complaint sympathetically and independently of the colleague to whom the complaint is directed
- Be transparent in the matter of our remuneration
- Respect your confidentiality
DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY:
We treat any personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations.
The information we receive from you is used to progress your claim. You have the right to cancel your authority to use such information.
Full details of the use and disclosure of your information is contained within the terms and conditions of any agreement, which you should read before signing.
All customers’ records are treated as private and confidential.
If you want a copy of your records, for which there will be no charge, please send a request to Monika Newton, Data Protection Officer at Misrepresentation Fraud Negligence Claims Limited.
We are required to verify your identity in accordance with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 (POCA) and the Money Laundering Regulations 2017.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR SERVICE:
If you wish to register a complaint please contact Carl Jaffer, Client Services Director in writing at Misrepresentation Fraud Negligence Claims Limited, Bank House, The Paddock, Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3HQ or by telephone on 03333050999. Upon receipt of your complaint, we will send you our complaints procedure. You may also review our complaints policy on our website. This is also available at any other time upon request.
You may be entitled to refer a complaint against us to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you are not satisfied with our response.
The contact details are as follows:
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 023 4 567
Get In Touch
Please send us a message and one of our team will respond within 48 hours.